NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

trouble imaging with314 mono plus filters

mgirdwood

Hi All

I recently had my 314L back from being repaired (Thanks Vince for all the support) and was able to try my hand for the first time over a few hours of reasonable skies.

M33 was the target.  I know it is a learning curve over my use of the canon 1100 but I am struggling more than I would have expected. 

as I am at the moment only taking the subs plus flats pixinsight for some reason just throws little tantrums in all the processing stages, therefore I am stacking, aligning the individual filter stacks in Nebulosity, aligning and combining for the LRGB also in Nebulosity.

having brought everything together I then ran DBE and quick stretch in PI.  the resulting image just looks "wrong"   I know I don't have enough data, and I know I am not finding focus as simple as with BEOS and the canon, and prob the collimation wasn't quite right .... still I wouldn't have expected the colour I am getting in the final file

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64605032/M33_LRGB_01.fit

314L

150mm*750mm Newt

13 * 300s Lum

8 * 240s R, G

6 * 240 B

Would some kind soul have a quick look at the attached and possibly point at a direction of my errors

Many thanks as its a clear night ahead and its a shame to waste on a wrong procedure

Mark

thanks Dave, unfortunately my Adobe PS wants another activation (been active for 7 years ) but the adobe servers are not available and the adobe help is atrocious for older products it seems.

can I ask what you specifically played with in PS ?

I will try to add more data tonight if it holds out, certainly hope I can figure out why its not so "bright" as it was with the poor attempts I was able to achieve with the 1100d. 

Cheers

Mark

Thanks Dave, I am trying to upgrade to CS 2 so will see if it returns

Hi Earl   thanks for looking, I just ran the Neb LRGB synth again on the stacked LRGB subs and this is the result

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64605032/initial%20LRGB.fit

I think what I am missing is the colour such as I was able to capture just using the canon on this and other galaxy

Mark

Thanks Dave, I am trying to upgrade to CS 2 so will see if it returns

Hi Earl   thanks for looking, I just ran the Neb LRGB synth again on the stacked LRGB subs and this is the result

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64605032/initial%20LRGB.fit

I think what I am missing is the colour such as I was able to capture just using the canon on this and other galaxy

Mark

Hi Mark,

I think that you need to adjust the weigts a little for the RGB subs.

Here is the image with a tweak in PI.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-12791900-1411909143.png

Archived