NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

APT software

alcol620

Trying to get to grips with this software.

Part of the software allows the user to set up a plan of action which will be automated. What I don't understand is why capture a set of images at different exposures and ISOs? After capturing will they all be combined into the stacking software (different exposures and ISOs) or will they be stacked separately? The other problem I have is how do you decide on which exposure and ISO levels to include in the plan? Do you have trial runs?

Thanks for any comments.

You might simply want to leave the rig running on the automated program and have a need for differing imaging parameters according to the object your are imaging.  For example, a subject like M42 benefits from long exposures to get the outer wispy details and shorter ones to get the Trapezium.  You then use your post processing to combine the two.  M81 and M33 cores and outer regions are another example of where you may want to do this.

I also use APT.  Fabulous software for the price.  You can set up very complex routines with differing filters, exposures etc. 

Archived