NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

need to sleep, Even Coffee isn't working anymore

oldpink

the last 36 hrs have been great (well almost)
around 5pm yesterday the skies cleared so got some solar imaging in
at 10pm I was set up had PHD tracking sweet and alignment sorted and was getting great runs of 3 - 10 minute exposures
finally gave up around 5am as dew was becoming a problem, set up a run of Darks & bias shots that took 3 hrs to complete
so got a couple of hrs
9am I was up and with still clear sky I went back to solar, and experimented with various settings and formats
had some great results with the Canon in video mode at X5 on some sun spots

took a break at 5 for dinner and time to download the data to my PC
9:30 I was back out and back to DSO setup and PHD dialed in

picked NGC 891 for a start and got a good run of about 30 subs of 180 sec's then all hell broke loose
PHD started dinging and I lost the Camera feed, turns out my daughter had tripped on my mains lead and pulled the plug out

Ahhhhh I had to manually park the scope, reset everything
an hour later and much frustration I had it sorted had a go at NGC6888 for a bit, but now the cloud is rolling in so a couple of beers to replace the coffee
download the data from tonight and some Sleep

but all in all I've had about 36 hrs of non stop astro time
and a load of data to play with

Clear skies seem so infrequent these days that I don't blame you for making the most of a good opportunity.  With a bit of luck tonight I might have a third clear night in a row to get some imaging done - that's a real rarity in these parts.

Archived