Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

observing sites or societies near Chertsey

nicks90

hi guys,

for my sins I have taken a new job that will mean I;m based in chertsey 2 or 3 days a week for the next 6-9 months.

obviously, clear skies are limited in this wonderful country and I cant always guarantee that the skies will be clear when i'm at home and therefore wont always be able to go out with my 'gang' - wakefield and district astro. So was just wondering what societies or observing sites there are down surrey way that I could join in on a week night, if its nice and clear?

Would love to meet some of you for a night out - just a shame its not practical to bring my 12" dob with me on the off chance of good skies. So i'll be limited to my 70m frac and my camera. But clear skies is clear skies and cant be missed!!!

cheers

Nick

Hi Nick,

There are a number of different groups around the Surrey area so I'm sure you will find something which suits.

There is a Surrey group on SGL who meet at Ranmore Common I think. Guildford AS is not so far away and observe at Newlands Corner and Albury Heath.

I belong to Walton Astro Group which is newly started and meets at Esher Rugby Club, tonight as it happens. Weather permitting we will observe from the training ground or may look further afield for some darker sites. I'm sure you will be welcomed at any of these.

Cheers,

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived