Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

CCD camera or DSLR ? Your choice?

Tim

I see. Thank you for the most welcome advice.

I am out right now, fingers frozen solid, taking an hours worth of m82 at F10. Lets hope its worth it this time!! Focus is on, guiding is on, frame is nice.

Only snag is that its supposed to be m81, but the goto missed it!!

I have just taken one auto dark to see how it compares.

Cheers

TJ

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must be very confusing for you TJ ,cus everyone has their own preferences on imaging setups and equipment . i can tell you whatever you do get , ,you will for sure end up changing it ,

So it looks like you want pretty colours , fair do , everyone has different values , if you want the best way forward , and have some lp problems, then i personally would go for a good Mono ccd, you now have the best of both worlds, filter wheel and filters LRGB or NARROW BAND, surely the quality would be there for what you are thinking to progress to.

I have a colour Atik as well as the ATIK 16hr the O.S.C is great and i,m still on a learning curve with that , image capture and processing are pretty straightforward and fairly quick, with these cameras, not sure on the QHY8 i,m sure more time is involved with these , but of course give fantastic results and budget wise and excellent choice ,

I would keep your DSLR for family use , but thats just me

Rog

dslr. i can use it on cloudy nights then. taking pictures of my dog mainly.actually come to think of it i have too many pictures of my dog now.

ok then a ccd.

but then it`s usually cloudy and useless, and i need a new laptop as my old one has packed up.

actually what i really need is more cash and have both. :shock: :wink:

Archived