Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Meteorite Falls in the UK

John

As someone who is very interested in meteroites and meteorite falls (I used to collect meteorite specimens) I found these web pages very interesting:

http://www.meteoritehistory.info/UKIRELAND/

It's a collection of data about all the recorded meteorite falls in the UK and Ireland from the earliest recorded to the present day, including doubtfull falls.

You never know there might have been a famous fall near you at sometime in the past !.

Hope it's of some interest.

John

Hi John my sons partner worked in the Natural History Museum analysising meteorites, they have agreat collection they have some realy big ones, we lukey to have been taken around by her if you get achance to go around its worth it :sunny:

Stephen

Hi John my sons partner worked in the Natural History Museum analysising meteorites, they have agreat collection they have some realy big ones, we lukey to have been taken around by her if you get achance to go around its worth it :sunny:

Stephen

The NHM has a great collection Stephen - I've been around it a few times :wink:

Another place that has some interesting meteorite specamins is the National Space Museum in Leicester - you can hold some of theirs :)

That's a very interesting job your partners son had.

John

Must admit I did checkout Cheshire. Used to have a "rock" we dug up in the garden, when I was a kid. Pinkish in colour and v.high density, smoothed on the outside, albeit apparently stoney. But somehow I always associated it with some INDUSTRIAL process... Sadly now long GONE (maternal purge)! :wink:

Archived