Strange effect in Registax

it's doing it's funny tricks again...

tantalisingly - I can see that somewhere in there is pretty nice cloud detail as well as a clear cassini, but the blumming lines are getting in the way :insects1:

4221_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Andrew

I've had the first problem when stacking the moon. I guess it's caused by a field rotation (registax can not compensate for that) , but the second one, that's just hilarious :wink:

Marius

I've had the first problem when stacking the moon. I guess it's caused by a field rotation (registax can not compensate for that) , but the second one, that's just hilarious :)

Marius

Well I don't find it particularly amusing. I guess it could be because I had to crank the gain and gamma up for this shot and it was consequently quite noisy. However, I thought the stacking would average that out :wink:

Andrew

The first one is multi-point based. You have to optimise but not stack, then choose feather between panes on the stacking page, then stack, or it does what you see here. Pain in the butt IMO. The second is some kind of interference on the images which is being stacked. I'd guess the power supply was low as my Atik does that if the volts drop too low.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Andrew

Your Saturn AVI.

Load your AVI into registax and before using the alignment boxes click “additional options” on the far right you will see a check box called Bias Subtract click this and set it to 75 “as a guide“, then click alignment options and carry on as normal.

This might help.

Trev.

Archived