Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

orion parallelogram mount and my cg-5 tripod

Hi guys, I have a problem. I have just  received an Orion paragon plus p-mount, which I had intended to mount using the tripod legs from either my CG-5  equatorial mount  or my TS Deluxe Alt-Az mount, both of these mounts will carry my 4 inch refractor and the legs are interchangeable easily, but I cannot mount the Paragon onto these legs, the centre bolt from the cg-5 seems not quite the correct length or perhaps requires a lot of washere and tightening and I dont want to strip the thread, the centre bolt on the Deluxe AltAz is far too short.......Does anyone know of an adapter I can buy to solve my problem?  I don't want to purchase a whole new tripod having these two already, taking up a lot of space!   I think I saw somewhere some sort of an adapter on sale......

Clear skies and thanks all

dave

Hi guys, I have a problem. I have just  received an Orion paragon plus p-mount, which I had intended to mount using the tripod legs from either my CG-5  equatorial mount  or my TS Deluxe Alt-Az mount, both of these mounts will carry my 4 inch refractor and the legs are interchangeable easily, but I cannot mount the Paragon onto these legs, the centre bolt from the cg-5 seems not quite the correct length or perhaps requires a lot of washere and tightening and I dont want to strip the thread, the centre bolt on the Deluxe AltAz is far too short.......Does anyone know of an adapter I can buy to solve my problem?  I don't want to purchase a whole new tripod having these two already, taking up a lot of space!   I think I saw somewhere some sort of an adapter on sale......

dave

dave

Well I can't seem to muster a reply on here!  I've posted my question on several areas. I give up :(

according to  quick google search it has a 3/8th" female thread so could you not just buy a thumbscrew/handwheel / bolt of the correct length and fit it that way?

Thank you. I am not very diy minded, I will measure and pop out to lool for a suitable bolt!

Best bet is take the p mount with you and try one. Get the right length if possible but I bet any decent diy shop will cut to length for you if you ask

good luck :0)

I am returning the P-Mount for the time being. My two tripods are not suitable to adapt for it, too much modification required.  I have tried purchasing the correct diameter bolts but the thread does not match this thing, I don't want to ruin the product by stripping the thread, it is extremely awkward to attach it in any case and  and I have no confidence in the product!  I guess I will  just purchase a good camera tripod and use my trigger grip ball head. 

Archived