Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Some Double in Taurus/Canis Mino & Cancer.

Where better than the double star section for my 4000th post.

Here are some doubles that I have observed over the last couple of weeks. They are spread across 3 constellations.

Taurus

7 Tauri - A wide uneven pair, Primary cream/white secondary grey/blue smattering of faint field stars.

X Tauri - A wide White/yellow pair nice view at low power.

118 Tau - A white pair with a slight maginitude difference nice split at x133

STF 435 - A good colour contrast pair cream and orange.

STF749 - An almost identical pair of white stars thatwill require a high power to split.

Canis Minor

STF 1082- Subtle colour contrast of blue-white and pale orange, rich background of faint stars

STF1149 - A yellow pair with a magnitude difference between the components a pleasant view with manu faint field stars. Easily split at low power.

14 CMi - A nice triangle of stars. A bright primary and 2 faint companions very rich field of stars.

Cancer

Zeta - A nice yellow pair at low powers. At high powers it becomes a triple. with the 2 closest componts about 1" apart. I have watched the PA change on theis pair over the last 2 years.

Iota - A yellow and blue pair. A Showpiece double. Make sure you have a look at this one. :D

Cheers

Ian

Archived