NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How to move my SW 200P & EQ5 mount

My back garden is heavily restricted to the south and east by houses and trees, to the extent that the moon hasn't been viewable for a couple of months or so now.

Less than 200 yards walk away is a nice, open former playing field which has much better viewing in these directions.  It might make an OK observing site.

My problem is how to get the SW200 and its mount out there?  I can manage the tripod (just) without the counter weights or the OTA by itself, but not both and would be very reluctant to leave the mount out there by itself while fetching or returning the other bits.  I could ask the other half to stand guard while setting up but by the end of the session she's usually asleep and waking her up is definitely only for those with a death wish.

Does anyone know of, or have a trolley or similar that they use for transporting their equipment on?  It needs to be narrow to negotiate a gap in the hedge by a stile and I wonder if the sort of thing I see fishermen using to get to and from the nearby fishing ponds would fill the need. The tripod weighs a fair bit, so not too flimsy is another parameter. 

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Archived