NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My picture of the moon

Lesoot

Well done, that's come out quite well if a little over-exposed at the top. Eyepiece projection is a bit tricky, especially without manual exposure control. The trick is to fill as much of the camera's field of view with the subject. This encourages its auto-exposure algorithm to ignore the dark areas and take a short enough exposure to avoid blowing out the bright regions.

Lesoot, nice image . it's great that you've captured the lunar surface with a phone and the more you image the more you'll learn . My avatar is my 1st and it's  a 2min. video processed thru reg6 using a  Orion starshoot ll usb eyepiece camera. The atmosphere and seeing conditions also affect your images, I'm disabled and have been imaging for over a year. Save your data, you'll be able to stack with it later.

great 1st effort, like you say the more practice you have the better it will get.

Archived