Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My ST80 isn’t really working on a camera tripod

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed, those short ones don't fit into the EQ6 mounts either. What you need to do is file the 'flat' side down so it makes the corresponding angle and makes it narrow enough to fit. Annoying, but if you've got a short tube scope you haven't really got much choice. I've got one each on both my Intes scopes and I'll have to do another one when I sort out some guide rings for my incoming ZS66. That metal file from B&Q has earned it's keep....

Tony..

SLT first light

First try with my GOTO last night. :D

Looked like the clouds may invade at any moment so I didn’t hang about.

Found and centred Saturn then hit the align button. :?

Tracked well for 10 minutes. Then I selected M44 (not seen this yet) it slowly positioned itself, slap bang in the centre of my new 32mm eyepiece was the Beehive Cluster. Even bathed in moonlight this still looked great. (All happened whilst comfortably seated on my new Lidl ironing chair :afro: )

One last swoop for M13 but ended up pointed directly at my back door…. :shock:

Can I have a clear dark night when I’m not totally pooped soon please. (pretty please)

Archived