Milkyway from nr Pontivy, France

Just had almost 2 weeks in Pontivy and got a grand total of 1.5 hrs imaging (and that was the first night). Great break but a few more clear nights would have been great. The sky was absolutely fantastic with the milkyway arching from horison to horison. 

Anyway, here's my one and only capture for the week. 9x600sec lights/darks 1100d (modded) kit lens @18mm

Thanks for looking.

15072763161_5ca8dfcd06_c.jpgLes Bolets Bleus nr Pontivy Milkyway by Scott Prideaux 1961, on Flickr

lovely image, hope you had a nice holiday

did you image this with an astrotrak?

Thanks martin, really enjoyed ourselves. Shouldv'e used the astrotrac but I planned on using the scope but changed my mind so it's piggybacked on the eq6. maybe slightly overmounted :D

Thanks martin, really enjoyed ourselves. Shouldv'e used the astrotrac but I planned on using the scope but changed my mind so it's piggybacked on the eq6. maybe slightly overmounted :D

ah thats great :)

thats great to have the option of piggybacking and the astrotrak! :D

ah thats great :)

thats great to have the option of piggybacking and the astrotrak! :D

I think if nothing else, this holiday has taught me to use each piece of gear for what it's made. I seriously doubt I'll ever take anything but the astrotrac on hols again (unless it's an astro hol). it's just so much easier in every way.

Archived