Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ex Sc 4.7mm UWA and Pentax 5mm XW

alan potts

Dude,

I have most of Delos eyepieces with Radians filling in the gaps low down and the XW 5mm, Iv'e also got a good selection of BGO's and Hutechs, I think there is not a bad one amoung them but I would still bend over backward to get your XO 5mm if it were ever for sale. If it ever is don't put it on the market now as the new mirror has almost emptied the account.

I am really pleased what you tell me about the Parrcorr, I think at F 4.34 I am going to need one so have done the right thing. I made the point elsewhere that if you are going to pay the extra for the likes of TeleVue and Pentax then it makes sense to see the full FOV sharp. John did make the point to me at F5.3 in his scope he could live with it as it was very mild and only at the very edge, I would feel the same, I am sure.

Alan.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with John and yourself in this case about F5.3 dob,coma there will be almost non existing,where you have done absolutely the right thing by getting paracorr for your new F4.34 mirror.It doesnt even matter what size that new mirror is going to be as coma will be there anyway at that F ratio mirror.

And i am in the same boat as you,if I can afford premium eye pieces or anything else,i will obviously get them.If i cant,well then i cant and i will look for some cheaper alternatives.

As for Pentax XO,you should not have big issue of tracing one down from USA,just put a wanted add on Cloudy Nights and for sure you will find one.They are going for about 350-400 usd at the moment.my one is not going anywhere.I even took it off my signature lol.

BGO`s,meade RG`s and pentax is the ones i will not part with.I rather be without a scope for a while but not with out these Ep`s.

Out of interest,what size mirror did you went for Allan and who is making it? I assume scope will be built by Sumerian Optics as you always wanted one.

Gaidis

Dude with the tube.

I knew you would not sell the XO but asking is free of pain. Getting anything from America is terrible here, I did this once and never again, the customs are pigs, not helpful.

I went for the 18 inch mirror that has already been made by John Nichols, it was a good bit cheaper than the normal but it is still a good 1/8 PV, I am told there are few as ggod as him, we will see.  I will go for an Orion 12 inch to mount and maybe use mainly as a planetary scope, hense the F 5.3 thinking in line with John. As it happen he told me that he would go for the higher PV as it is a one off payment that does not cost the earth and once you have it, it's there for good.

There is a picture of the 18 inch scope on the Orion Optics thread in scopes section if you would like to see it. Page 3, now where have I heard that before.

Alan 

Archived