SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First globular cluster!

Congratulations on your first glob, may it be the first of many! M13 was my first globular too. Wonderful object and the first DSO beyond obvious ones like the Pleiades I managed to spot. Great moment of triumph, all those years back. I still like picking it up in whatever instrument I have handy; it's like an old friend up there in the skies. If you get tired of M13, you are tired of astronomy, I would say.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same for me last night, M13 for the first time was spectacular. Think I also saw Andromeda but have to get up early so couldn't spend much time. Never thought I would be wishing for it to get dark early but this hobby is so addictive. Hopefully tonight may be clear again. :grin:

I know the feeling - whenever it's clear it's an early start for me lately!

Congratulations on your first glob, may it be the first of many! M13 was my first globular too. Wonderful object and the first DSO beyond obvious ones like the Pleiades I managed to spot. Great moment of triumph, all those years back. I still like picking it up in whatever instrument I have handy; it's like an old friend up there in the skies. If you get tired of M13, you are tired of astronomy, I would say.

Thanks Michael - a lot to explore!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived