Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASI 034 Planetary camera advice.

Justi

Hi,

I am looking for an affordable Planetary camera, I have taken peoples advice to try to modify webcams but the two old ones I had didn't work and bought a new one and only was able to image moon and that was poor quality. So now after wasting money I am looking for an affordable camera to practice with planetary imaging. (Also been trying with a DSLR in video mode got some O.K. results but I want a step up) 

I was going to buy the ASI 120 mc but due to some illness with my much loved rabbit some very costly bills came and in the end she was put to sleep and my savings for this camera was no more, she would have always come before the camera thats why I didn't buy until I knew she was treated.

But now I have no real money to purchase this ASI 120 mc, and to save for this would take me until the start of next summer. So I looked for an affordable camera in the 150 euro range and I saw this ASI 034 and thought could this be good enough for me to get practice and some nice images along the way? Have found it very hard to find much information about this camera, So came here in hope there might be an owner or two that may be able to give me some useful information on this. The last thing I want to do is waste my money but also waiting a year to save for a better one is rather annoyingly long. So any feedback on this would be very helpful, or if anyone knows of any decent camera for planets moon and sun would be very helpful. Sun and Moon is not so important as I use the DSLR for that.

Thank you in advance.

As this ASI one seems to have very little information anywhere I started looking again and saw this one,  Astro Lumina AL ccs5L-IIc,  A bit more over my budget but from what I read it is the same as the ASI 120 have I missed something or is it just what the chip is surrounded by that adds the value to the ASI 120? 

Anyone using this  Astro Lumina AL ccs5L-IIc? Any information would be amazing as I can only seem to find German results and the google translate does a great job but some things are really weirdly translated.

Thank you.

As this ASI one seems to have very little information anywhere I started looking again and saw this one,  Astro Lumina AL ccs5L-IIc,  A bit more over my budget but from what I read it is the same as the ASI 120 have I missed something or is it just what the chip is surrounded by that adds the value to the ASI 120? 

Anyone using this  Astro Lumina AL ccs5L-IIc? Any information would be amazing as I can only seem to find German results and the google translate does a great job but some things are really weirdly translated.

Thank you.

The  AstroLumina AL ccd5L-IIc is the same camera as the QHY5L IIc

Archived