Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Comet C/2014 E2 Jacques not my finest hour (or two)

first imaging run for months, not as easy guiding as i remember earlier in the year! normal DSO set up 200PDS/Canon 350d

i took over 50 x 30 second exposures + darks & flats, but this only a stack of 10 lights + calibration frames. i just was not happy with the alignment of the stack of 50.

post-5271-0-13854200-1408569399_thumb.jp

having not used the obsy set up for quite a few months, i think the polar alignment is probably out and looking at scope tonight its not very well balanced either, so pleased to get anything to be honest. 

I'd be happy with that right now

havn't had a chance to properly set up the new gear due to the weather

and forgetting the little I have already learned

forgot to mention the promised clear sky, very hit and miss! some large gaps in the clouds, but they were never to far away.

I'm off to a dark sky site this weekend
3 weather sites say 0% cloud on Sat night so its guarantee'd to be wall to wall :(
I havn't seen a star for weeks, LOL I have seen the ISS more in the last month visually than I have DSO's with the scope

Archived