NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Maxim DL help

jaspalchadha

Hi all

So I have been using maxim now and for some odd reason the settings were messed up

can someone advise what settings there use for exposure multiplier ( SEE CAPTURE )

I have using Astron E series filters

The issue I have been having is after stacking the final LRGB I am getting this result ( SEE IMAGE 1 )

Please guys don't say it's LP or anything like that as before it's been perfectly fine

after tweaking the image in PS I got this  ( SEE M13)

post-29480-0-41666100-1408536740.jpg

post-29480-0-96520900-1408536789_thumb.j

post-29480-0-72423100-1408536849_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi all

So I have been using maxim now and for some odd reason the settings were messed up

can someone advise what settings there use for exposure multiplier ( SEE CAPTURE )

I have using Astron E series filters

The exposure multiplier is used to correct for inaccurate color.  The amount of correction (exposure multiplier in your screenshot) is based on your filters, scope optics, and camera sensitivities.  It is like "white balance".  Here is a link to a detailed expanation (go half way down the page to Determining the Proper Color Balance);

http://starizona.com/acb/ccd/advtheorycolor.aspx

The only way to get the correct "exposure multiplier" for your setup is to use this G2V Star Calculation method.  It appears complicated, but actually is easy once you try it.

Other people's exposure multiplier settings will not work for you.  It is an individual calibration based on your particular setup.

Jim

Can Maxim DL process canon raw files. I can't seem to get the trial version to it does not see the .raw files.

I have the full version and it processes Canon raw files OK, don't see why the trial version wouldn't.

You need to set it to "auto colour convert" in the stacking settings.

Does it connect to your camera ?

Dave

Archived