NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Solar image

oldpink

I was trying different settings to see what worked and 200 worked, could have went to 100 but I'll experiment more on a sunny day to see what works best

raw Jpeg = its a preview image taken in BYEOS in Jpeg format no conversion just resized down a bit

You should always use the lowest ISO setting with something as bright the sun. It's a Jpeg derived from the original RAW file you mean. It can't be both in one file though you can in settings take one of each in a single exposure. Set your color balance to even out the green. Well done!

You should always use the lowest ISO setting with something as bright the sun

All depends on what filtering you are using , generally I shoot at between 1/125s - 1/200s @ ISO 200 with my set-up ... I discounted the 1/1000s or faster myth long ago ... in fact I found that anything over 1/1000s with the 1000D gave a nasty gradient that was impossible to remove ...  :smiley:

Archived