NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dark sky site for Lothian and fifers

goldblade1983

Hello

Fairly new to this forum but seems very active and friendly.

I thought I would share my dark sky site that is 30 mins drive from forth bridge. Very dark skies for so close to central belt - perfectly positioned between Stirling Edinburgh and Perth to minimise light pollution.

So here it is: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@56.255994,-3.5892496

There's a clearing by side of road and not much traffic.

If anyone ever fancied a trip up would be happy to drive up.

Cheers

Brian

Ps posted this on tapa talk so will check on or the link works!

Looks a nice dark site, how many cars do you reckon would fit in that "T" shaped bit off the road? 

PS..... if you can guarantee the skies to be as clear as when the "streetview" pics were taken then you definitely have a winner  :p

I reckon 4. There's a concrete bit behind the logs for setting up. However sometimes there is wood piled up there awaiting collection meaning you have to set up at side of road reducing overall car parking - probably to 3 spaces. It's well worth going I've been a few times earlier this year and can vouch for it.

Brian,

Have you checked out the CSOG forum, (google CSOG) a more local group of observers/ imagers, once registered you get access to any arranged meets, usually at short notice. We use a few dark sites in the Central Belt, at the moment mostly south of the Forth - Ayrshire, West Lothian and East Lothian. You can add your dark site to the list we have of places to go :)

L.

Archived