Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQMOD - RPC server is not available ?????

Skipper Billy

I have recently installed all the usual stuff on a new PC - Stellarium 13.0, Stellarium scope, EQMOD, Ascom platform etc etc

It always worked well on my old PC but now after about 6 minutes EQMOD crashes/freezes and reports an error message in an EQMOD window - 'RPC server is not available'.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit Ulimate, 4 gb of RAM and a good graphics card and processor.

I have wound back to an older version of Stellarium and Stellarium scope that were stable on the last machine but makes no difference.

The only thing different is the canon software was installed before Stellarium whereas the last install the canon software went on last.

Any ideas before it goes through the nearest window !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

Oldpink is correct; this will problem with primarily with Windows. 

First port of call I would say is to have a look at the event log, and see if there are any application crashes; 

Start -> Type "Event Viewer" into the search box  -> hit enter

When the Event Viewer loads, have a look in "Windows Logs", and look in System and Application. You'll be mostly looking for the red critical warnings. 

Hi Billy,

Try this link it gives a lot of hints on RPC errors and how to eliminate them.

It is a Windows issue.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/4494.windows-server-troubleshooting-the-rpc-server-is-unavailable.aspx

Make sure are you running every program as 'Administrator' and also make sure you disable all background programmes such as anti-virus updates, windows updates etc...  and especially screen savers.

Hope this helps.

Sandy. :grin:

Thanks - there are lots of red warnings about Stellarium scope failing to communicate with Windows and DSN errors and USB port errors.

I think  a reinstall of windows is called for  - again !!!

If you want, copy and paste some of them here, we can have a look at pointing you in the right direction to fixing them. 

The technet article referenced by Lonestar might be of use, but technet is usually aimed at IT professionals, so don't feel disheartened if you get a little lost following it. Keep us up to date with what you manage to work out from it though!

Unfortunately, I haven't any experience of EQMOD specifically (yet), but I do have plenty of professional experience supporting Windows :)

Archived