Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone seen the Pulsar Observatories Rigel Pier?

bobmoss

I'm after a pier and seeing as you can't seem to get the Astro Engineering ones any-more I've been looking at the "Rigel" piers from Pulsar Observatories. They seem to be a similar specification to the AE ones including having an "owls nest".

However, there is only one picture on their website (of just the top half) and barely any details of dimensions, mounting etc.

So, anyone have any experience of these piers or even seen one?

Thanks.

Hi Bob,

I have seen one when I visited the factory looking at their domes;  it seemed sturdy enough and would do a trip but I did not measure it up, I made mine out of pipe, concrete and car brake disks.

Regards

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bob

I enquired about these and the reply I received was that they are identical to the AstroEngineering ones and made by the same engineering company.

The picture on their website shows that they don't seem to look identical but very similar.

Hope this helps

Paul

Archived