Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 6992, The Eastern Veil, Bi Colour

lensman57

Hi,

I managed to make use of the breaks in the clouds last last night to do this Ha, Oiii, Oiii Bicolour of the Eastern Veil. This is the second time that I attempt this target in NB and the result despite of having discarded about 30% of the subs due to the passing clouds is an improvement to the one I did last year, by a long margin. I can not show the very faint nebulasity along the parameter of the veil due to short integration time but it will have to do for now and also the smaller stars look a bit square, perhaps due to under sampling but I need to investigate this once I get my mind clear.

WO Megrez 72, Televue TRF 2008, Atik 314L+, Astronomik 12 nm Oiii, Baader 7 nm Ha on HEQ5.

Ha 7 X 600s, Oiii 11 X 600s, Stacked and processed in PI and tweaked in PS. Hope you like it .

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-55624400-1407237005_thumb.p

Hi,

I have uploaded a slightly modified version, NB-RGB,  of the image in an attempt to get rid of those small square stars. I had a widefield OSC capture of the whole Veil complex from last month taken using a QHY8 OSC camera. I used the Star Align tool in PI to register the OSC image to the NB one. I then made a pretty decent star mask for the NB image and using Pixel Math I transposed the OSC stars to the NB image. I think it has worked quite subtly. I also played with the final image in PS to adjust the Chroma  NR to help  the faint filaments show a little better. I hope that you find it an improvement and a worthwhile exercise. PI did an excellent job of aligning two images of very different size, scale and orientation.

Thanks for looking and regards to all,

A.G

post-28808-0-86501700-1407276480_thumb.p

Lovely Image Lensman. The second version looks better in my opinion as the starfield is a lot more colourful and detailed, excellent work.

The eastern veil reminds me of a wave crashing against some rocks :)

Archived