NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

HELP PLEASE......Old EQ6 fault on RA advance

spaceboy

Hi All

I have an old EQ6 with basic motors but the RA advance is not working and I thought I'd see if anyone had come across this before??

The DEC works back and forth and the RA works back but not forward. I can hear the motor tracking in sidereal but it just wont advance when the forward button is depressed There is a clicking coming from the board in the mount and the red light on the mount dulls almost to nothing and the green light on the hand controller flickers but doesn't turn red as it should.

Any help or advice welcomed as I don't really want to go the synscan route

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies guys but I'd needed the solution pretty quick as I had to let the seller know if I wanted it or not. As I couldn't find any info anywhere I decided to give it a miss. The motor would work when changing hemisphere it just wouldn't advance forward so I think it was a board fault ??

Archived