Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Day light viewing

Hi all

I have a Nexstar 6SE with starsense, i tried to do a bit of day light viewing of the moon, but found it impossible to find it in my scope, i have no RDF as i had to take it off to fit the starsence.

I went through all the options on the starsence hand control but found nothing about dayling viewing, so i had to keep manualy searching the sky while looking through the eye piece but gave up !

Can anyone help.

Thanks

I think if you move the scope UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT while aiming at the Moon you should be ok. Try to get the Moon aligned at the top centre of the scope tube by looking along the scope tube instead of into the eye piece, then get it in the centre of FOV . Essentially i am talking about sight of view. It will be easier then trying to align without RDF. I'm not sure what StarSense is. It really should be easy enough just using the directional keys.

Archived