Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astro video systems UK

beamer3.6m

Has anyone purchased the AVS UK camera and if so any thoughts.

It looks identical to the mallincam micro ex to me but I could be wrong.

I am aware that this UK company has nothing to do with the AVS of the USA.

Any thoughts.

Link here

http://www.astro-video-systems.co.uk/products/avs_camera/avs_camera.html

Hello Beamer,

I do not have this camera so can not comment on it other than to say the spec does look the same as the Micro.  The site from the link does say the camera is a modified LN300 which is the same for the Mallincam Micro.  I do have the Micro and can at least tell you my thoughts on that which is to say - amazing value for money!  The support also from Rock Mallin is similar to that of FLO, simply brilliant!!  I was broadcasting recently when unexpectedly Rock showed up in the chat room.  He spent a good half hour or so helping me get the settings right and really did help me out as I'd not had it long.  

The camera is not in the same league as some of the higher end cams you can get but for a starter is is pretty impressive.  Have a look here at some grabs I took from that broadcast but note not all images are the Micro, you will see the difference :)

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/mallincam/photos/albums/487201896

As for the LN300 this is also no slouch.  Carl Reade has one and has had some amazing results with his so send him a PM if you need more info.  Other than that I'd take a look at the SCB-2000, if you shop around you can pick them up cheap, I have two and bought both for £40 each!  These also produce amazing images and I'm hoping to use mine tonight if these clouds ever shift!

Good luck

Thank you.

Could you confirm if the Mallincam captures colour images when used in stacking mode. I hear that it always reverts to B+W.

Sorry Beamer, no idea I've not tried stacking or worked out how to for that matter.  I use only Alt Az and so I like it fast, simple and as near live as I can get it :)  Best to ask the same question on the Mallincam Yahoo Group.

Archived