NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Synscan Upgrade Firmware

Tinker1947

My new Dob GoTo has Ver.03.09 is this the latest firmware, i have downloaded a firmwareloaded ver 3.2 this fails to find the handset although i have in the pasted upgrade the other handset i have but its a EQ type not a AZ. so all my PC'c run Win 7 64 bit and 3 different cables (RS232 converted to USB) say handset not found, anybody have ant thoughts on this........

USB / serial adapters can sometimes give problems. Check in device manager to see if there are any yellow warning triangles. You might need to reload the drivers for the adapter.

It had a yellow symbol, with a "Can't start driver " message tried removing and reinstalling but no good so far...

Hi. have just sorted this myself - it is all to do with the chipset that is in the USB to Serial adapter. The best one is Prolific (drivers here: http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=225&pcid=41) and the serial cable that works 100% available from Maplin (code ZP43).

:)

The cable arrived today, downloaded the suggested driver, it went straight in, now running 3.35, Thanks a lot......:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys, 

since i had my telescope i have only done one firmware update, but the skywatcher support page has changed since my last visit, and its a bit more confusing to me beacuse of the new layout, so im not sure what to do, i dont want to get the wrong firmware, can you point out or give a link to the latest current firmware version for the skywatcher explorer 130p synscan AZ goto telecope please ?

thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

Archived