Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orion Starseeker pc control

Hi. It's been awhile since I've been on here. Finally got some time to start messin around with my scope and camera. I have a starseeker II and was wondering what cable I need to connect directly to my laptop? All the scope has is a phone line port and my laptop does not have one. Do I need to order a special adapter to USB or serial port? And also will it work? I have all the programs that the scope came with loaded up into the laptop. I've been getting some nice sun and moon pics with the camera so far, but I would like more POI from the laptop. The control the scope comes with has too short of a cord and makes the scope very unsteady. Any info would be awesome. Thanks and clear skies!!

Your telescope is similar to the Skywatcher 102 AZ GOTO and should have been supplied with the correct cable to connect the handset to a computer (aka PC interface (serial) cable). The cable is similar to this one http://www.firstlightoptics.com/astronomy-cables-leads-accessories/serial-cable-for-skywatcher-and-celestron-mounts.html and is cream/grey in colour.  The same cable is used to update the handset's firmware.

Archived