Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Barnard's Galaxy

Sam

First, an apology for posting this very ordinary image that has more tracking and processing errors than you can poke a stick at. Here's my excuse, busy work + busy home = busy life. Unfortunately it's astronomy that suffers. So I have to make the most of the opportunities. This is still early days with my new camera even though I've had it for nearly a year! I've seen NGC6822 on CDC and sky safari for ages and always wondered what it'd be like to image. Well it's hard to find and needs a whole lot more data than I collected, but you get the idea. My MPCC needs a few more mil to get the spacing right and remove the rest of the coma - a little internet shopping later I think!

So this image is, as you guessed :), NGC6822 or Barnard's Galaxy. It's about 1.6 million light years away and has some interesting little nebula around it. This image was taken with a QSI 680wsg through a Skywatcher 250px on a EQ6 mount driven by the usual software and processed with PixInsight and DSS and a bit of Nebulosity to help out. It's only 4 images totalling 1 hour, 15mins each of LRGB.

post-1453-140662125057_thumb.jpg

Enjoy, and just imagine what it might look like with more effort! :)

Archived