NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bias frames with 2x2 bin?

PhotoGav

Certainly you need new bias and darks.

Flats would be an interesting one, though. The professionals regard flats as containing pixel by pixel information though amateur imagers don't. (Well, I don't, at least!) So will a downsized Bin 1 flat work with a bin 2 image? I suspect that it would but I really don't know.

Olly

Thank you Olly. I've gone for a complete set of 2x2 calibration frames. Though I am employing the 'Penrice Approved Flats For Lazy Imagers' technique for my current LRGB project and will use the L flats for all four sets of subs!

Thank you Olly. I've gone for a complete set of 2x2 calibration frames. Though I am employing the 'Penrice Approved Flats For Lazy Imagers' technique for my current LRGB project and will use the L flats for all four sets of subs!

Scandalous! It's like only ironing your collars and cuffs then wearing a jumper over your shirt. Seriously, see if it works, as it does for many. If it doesn't you'll have to start ironing...

Olly

Do I need to shoot a new set of bias frames at 2x2 bin to use with subs shot at 2x2 bin? Or can I use the set I have shot at 1x1 bin with the 2x2 subs?

Thanks.

Yes, for sure. Once binned the subs are of a different size so you'd need the Bias, Darks and Flats at the same size, well that is what I'd do.

A.G

Archived