Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First attempt. M39. Pentax DSLR. Thoughts?

MattJenko

Hi,

This is using an Evostar 80ED with field flattener and a humble Pentax K500 DSLR. I chose M39 as I like it and it has a big star field which would show up any problems as I am very keen to get better as I go.

22 30 second light frames.

14 30 second dark frames

DeepSkyStacker/Photoshop

M39:MOJ:2014-07-23

I think it has come out better than I could have hoped, especially as this was with a very loose fitting T-adaptor to try and get the right spacing for the flattener/Pentax DSLR.

Thanks. Surprised me when I saw how much detail popped out in processing. Very addictive. You have some stunning images on your website. You use DSLR only? I was eager to move to CCD if and when I could, but I can see myself being happy with the K500 for quite a while after this week.

Stick with a DSLR for a while you can get some great images with a modded canon and good processing goes a long way. I would love to move to CCD but the imaging time increases a lot so a DSLR does me just fine. Glad you liked my blog and hope to see some more images from you ;-)

Archived