Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Visual back (click lock), diagonal and eyepieces

garethmob

Hello guys

i was wondering if some one was able to help me

im considering getting the baader clicklock  2" visual back for my SCT,    (meade lx90 emc)  so for starters does it fit?

im going to bundle that with a new diagonal (a 2" dielectric)  as i like my compresson rings, and i was wondering if that would suite a few baader hyperons or if i should go down the Explorer Scientific route as they are both around the same price.  id be using it in 2" mode as well to try and get as much FOV in the SCT as i can. 

so can you give me your thoughts or any other suggestions?

also what are the finetuning rings on the hyperons like?

Gaz

The baader ClickLock 2056220 shold work, it has the 2" SC thread.

2" dielectric diagonal is good to have too IMHO.

As to eyepieces, it'll be easier to recommend something if you can help us with some more info, such as: what's you total budget for EPs? what other EPs you have? any intension to upgrade any of those? The focal ratio of you other scopes? My own preference is trying to get EPs suitable for most, if not all, of my scopes.

I have all the kit you mention except my scope is a 9.25 SCT. It all works together fine for me but I can only comment at EP focal lengths to about 22mm. I'm not familiar with your scope but someone may comment on any FOV restrictions at wider views caused by the scope visual back exit point. The FTRs are great. I use the 14 and 28mm ones. What isn't so good, in fact it's awful, is the BH eye relief when you remove the 1.25" element so I done bother with that option.

The baader ClickLock 2056220 shold work, it has the 2" SC thread.

2" dielectric diagonal is good to have too IMHO.

As to eyepieces, it'll be easier to recommend something if you can help us with some more info, such as: what's you total budget for EPs? what other EPs you have? any intension to upgrade any of those? The focal ratio of you other scopes? My own preference is trying to get EPs suitable for most, if not all, of my scopes.

Hello YKSE

well i was considering either :

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adaptors/baader-click-lock-2-for-celestron-meade-sct.html

or

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/diagonals/william-optics-2-dielectric-diagonal-with-sct-adaptor.html

as the diagonal i would get would be :

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/clearance/opticron-dielectric-diagonal.html

otherwise  so i was wondering if there was an advantage of having it all built in or using the two as they both come to the same price.

budget wise, well this would be a one eyepeice a month jobbie, im happy to spend up to £100 per glass (around the price for a baader hyperon) and i would get the 24mm and 10 to start off with,

Currently i have the following

Vixen NPL 32mm (or 30 its locked up in the garage at present) a vixen 10mm    an old celestron elux 5mm (i havent tested in my scope yet) a few basic 24 and 10mm which come standard with scopes,  iv got a 2" 28mm but iv never used it, came with the same so i cant comment on quaility)   

Scope wise it would probally only ever go into the meade but i do own a WO megrez 72 with a FL of 6.      the meade lx90 is FL10  the ETX (which i doubt id ever really use as the goto no longer works) F5 and i wont be using the coulter as its a little too fast for my eyepeices.

my megrez 95% of the time will be doing AP on the astrotrac (hence the lx90 purchase) so its going to really be just for that.   and its gotta be a good all rounder,  i dont want to specilise in DSO or planetary,   thats why i thought the baader would come into its own as it can change between a 2" and 1.25" allowing me to fit into the etx should i want to (as the megrez and meade are both 2" compatable)

Sorry for the typo there, I meant 2956220, that's the one in your first link.

I've not have had other Hyperions than the 31mm aspheric, what I've understand is that they're the Erfle type eyepieces, which works fine for slower scopes (f7 e.g.), it will struggle in your F5 newt.

ES eyepieces (68deg or 82deg) should be work very well in all your scopes. Maxvision eyepieces here are rebranded Meade

http://www.explorescientific.co.uk/index.php?force_sid=8mv75i6u8pnsqkjurnr3ch0po0&cl=search&searchparam=maxvision〈=1

Optically they are very good, I'd guess about at par with the ES, they are heavy EPs, especially the long fl ones.

I'd like to recommend Baader Mark III zoom, Maxvision 28mm, Skywatcher 40mm Aero

1. Baader Mark III zoom; good coverage 8mm to 20mm (24mm is not as good), planetary and bright DSO, very useful in alignment.

2. Maxvision 28mm, faint DSO and wide field.

3. 40mm Aero. about the widest FOV you can get in a SCT, excellent finder EP, with bigger exit pupil suitable for some DSO (monkey head, e.g)

The backside of 40mm Aero is that it'll give too big exit pupil in you f5 dob, otherwise the setup has the advantage of about the same weight, all in 2" mode.

Sorry for the typo there, I meant 2956220, that's the one in your first link.

I've not have had other Hyperions than the 31mm aspheric, what I've understand is that they're the Erfle type eyepieces, which works fine for slower scopes (f7 e.g.), it will struggle in your F5 newt.

ES eyepieces (68deg or 82deg) should be work very well in all your scopes. Maxvision eyepieces here are rebranded Meade

http://www.explorescientific.co.uk/index.php?force_sid=8mv75i6u8pnsqkjurnr3ch0po0&cl=search&searchparam=maxvision〈=1

Optically they are very good, I'd guess about at par with the ES, they are heavy EPs, especially the long fl ones.

I'd like to recommend Baader Mark III zoom, Maxvision 28mm, Skywatcher 40mm Aero

1. Baader Mark III zoom; good coverage 8mm to 20mm (24mm is not as good), planetary and bright DSO, very useful in alignment.

2. Maxvision 28mm, faint DSO and wide field.

3. 40mm Aero. about the widest FOV you can get in a SCT, excellent finder EP, with bigger exit pupil suitable for some DSO (monkey head, e.g)

The backside of 40mm Aero is that it'll give too big exit pupil in you f5 dob, otherwise the setup has the advantage of about the same weight, all in 2" mode.

no worries (i didnt even notice a typo lol being dyslexic i sort of fill in the gaps haha)  well the F5 meade, i can always use my normal 1.25 eyepeices in it, and to be honest its not exactly the greatest scope in the world compared to my megrez 72 so thats just a "grab when i cant be bothered to look for things my self" scope so thats fine :)   they really would only ever go in the megrez and lx90 (which sort of leans me towards the click lock and 2" diagonal as its moveable unlike the WO. i'll have a look at them eyepeices, thanks :)

Archived