Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Atik One 9.0

Following the success of their Atik One 6.0 camera Atik have released the new Atik One 9.0 which features a higher resolution 9MP ICX814ALG Sony EXview II CCD.

It is essentially an Atik One 6.0 with the same high QE and FOV but smaller pixels. In this instance smaller pixels can be a bonus because it makes the Atik One 9.0 a very flexible camera and an excellent choice for someone imaging with multiple telescopes and focal lengths.

For example, when using a 4” f/6 refractor with 620mm focal length, sampling will be at 1.2 arc-sec/pixel. Which is good! And using a 10” SCT at f/6.3, binned 2x2, you get 0.97 arc-sec/pixel!  M106 will fit nicely in the FOV, M82 won’t be a little blob in the middle of the frame and you will still achieve over 2MP image size.
Otherwise it has the same features-set that has made the Atik One 6.0 such a successful camera: Integral 5-position filter wheel with mechanical roller for precise filter placement, Argon-filled CCD chamber, an enhanced cooler capable of reaching a stable -38C below ambient and an integrated USB 2 hub and power socket. 
And like the Atik One 6.0 it is available as a kit including the Atik OAG and Atik GP guider so is excellent value! 
It doesn't matter who I speak with at Atik (sales, design, manufacturing, service, even dispatch) I can tell they are genuinely excited about the new Atik One series and pleased with how well it has been received. They have put a lot of thought and effort into this, and it shows :smiley:
atik_one_package.jpg

• 1 month later...

I know the QSI equivalent can be used with Pentax 67 lenses, because those possess the backfocus needed.  However, I also know that the Nikon FFD (same thing) is 46.5mm, which would put it 0.5mm less than that needed by this camera with the OAG still fitted (47mm), before even adding any adapters.  Although of course the OAG may not be required by those using it for widefield imaging.

In my case, I am concerned about the proximity of the 1.25" filters to the sensor, because I already know from using my Atik 4000 with EFW2 that the spacing in that setup was such that vignetting was considerable.

I have contacted Atik for a schematic, but in the meantime, if anybody who already owns an Atik One happens to know the distance, or is able to take a photo showing how deep inside the camera the sensor is, relative to the filters, it would help me enormously.

Thanks all

Archived