Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Test of a new rig

lensman57

Hi,

I tested the new Gioptic Canon lens adpter, using a Canon 200 f2.8  L lens and my Atik 428 exc. The set up was a bit tricky to get right so in the end I ended up piggy backing it to my Asscension 80mm triplet using the triplet as a guide scope of 480mm @ F6. The lens had an aperture mask of 52mm diameter. The near full Moon brightly nearby. i used a 1.25" Baader Neodymium filter but I doubt that with the intense Moon it had any positive effect. My biggest headache  with this set up was the focusing of the lens as it is very difficult to make  very small adjustments and I think that the focus is a bit off. As I started very late or rather very early in the morning I could only go for 13 subs of 300s each , the last two unusable as the data was washed out with Moon and sky glow . As a whole the set up shows promise for a relatively wide set up. There is CA for sure but also I have pushed the saturation to test the lens. I hope that you find it interesting.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-97566000-1405170442_thumb.p

Looks like a good result, especially with the Moon up and about! If you are struggling with focus on the EF200L, i highly recommend a TS Microfocuser. I got one for mine and couldnt do without it now. If you combine it with a FWHM tool, you can nail the focus and lock it in. Well worth the money.

Looks like a good result, especially with the Moon up and about! If you are struggling with focus on the EF200L, i highly recommend a TS Microfocuser. I got one for mine and couldnt do without it now. If you combine it with a FWHM tool, you can nail the focus and lock it in. Well worth the money.

Thank you very much,

I have had a at that microfocuser before and it is not too expensive as far aAP stuff goes and yes I do use FWHM in NEB3 or APT.

Regards,

A.G

Archived