NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQ8 'side by side' mounting question

reddoss

I have just ordered an EQ8  head and my plan is to eventually mount an MN190 and 115 mm APO in a side by side configuration. (I will start off with just a single scope until I get to know the mount well enough). 

One of the promoted features of the EQ8 is that comes with an automatic home position function. For a side by side configuration, I guess this will put the 'home position' out by 90o in the RA axis? 

Is there a way of fixing this either by re attaching the puck to the head by 90o, or electronically by altering a setting in the handset?

Cheers,

Justyn

I've wondered about the auto home position on the EQ8 too. As it's on my shortlist for a mount upgrade.

The way I currently use side by side mountings on the EQ6 is to define different park positions in EQMod. I'm guessing that would still be the case with the EQ8 as I don't believe auto home is supported under EQMod.

Archived