Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturday morning sun 12-07-2014

Pig

The sky in Northants is beautifully clear skies at the moment and the sun is looking pretty splendid :laugh:

Great prominence activity on between the 3 and 6 O'clock positions showing some lovely dendritic type structures, they also look like they are swaying in a gentle breeze, fantastic :laugh: There is a rather fat looking caterpillar of a prom hugging the surface around the 10 O'clock position.

Granulation is looking its usual bubbling self with loads of swirls and filaments on show, sadly the group of sunspots that have been the subject of much enjoyment lately are moving out of view now but they still look remarkable. I would go as far as saying they are probably the best collection I have seen during my time at the eyepiece ( if only Carlsberg made sunspots)  :smiley: They should give us some nice prom activity tomorrowish

I have some time to myself today as the Mrs, kids and dog are not back home until tomorrow :smiley:

Sun, Wine & melon and chocolate cake today I thinks :grin:

Not wanting to rub it in Skem but you have missed some lovely activity of late :evil:  :grin: and today is especially clear. Both white light and Ha viewing are nothing short of spectacular :grin: How long do you have to wait before your 50mm arrives?

No just completely black to me, very unusual torn outline to it :smiley:

Update - I just looked again and there are 2 white patches in the centre, my apologies :smiley: well spotted :grin: very poor attempt at a joke there.

Archived