Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Very wide field observing last night on NSN

Astrogate

Here are some examples of what can be achieved with a 1/2" CCD sensor used in the MC Xtreme and a good quality camera lens (Canon 100 mm f/2.8). These were screen captures using Miloslick live stacking feature (3 averaged out), amp glow filter and live Histogram adjustment from my last night NSN broadcast. Some of these nebulas are very large and quite faint, so with the moon out I had to use my Orion 7nm Ha filter. I am super impressed with only 3 x 90 sec invested for each providing results like this. Hope you like them. The overlay live stacking method seemed to work out not too bad since I was not auto guiding even though I was using only 100 mm focal length there still can be some drift at 90 seconds x 3 images stacked.

Here is the link to see these images captured

https://www.flickr.com/photos/47296963@N08/

Cheers,

Chris A

Astrogate

Wow Chris, no idea about all the technical stuff (I'm new to observing let alone even thinking about imaging, which in any case is a no-no for my simple Dob) but what a gallery! Thanks!

Going back for a longer look when I have more time, but great stuff! Congrats!

Steve

Hi Chris

Who says a OSC cannot be used for narrowband!!

Excellent results - I've not tried my Lodestar with a camera lens or narrowband filter.

I picked up a 35nm filter a while back but have not had the opportunity to try it out.

Waiting for the longer nights so I can get back into my Electronically Assisted observing.

Clear skies

Paul

Hi Chris

Who says a OSC cannot be used for narrowband!!

Excellent results - I've not tried my Lodestar with a camera lens or narrowband filter.

I picked up a 35nm filter a while back but have not had the opportunity to try it out.

Waiting for the longer nights so I can get back into my Electronically Assisted observing.

Clear skies

Paul

Thank you very much Paul! These images were captured with my MCX2 Mono CCD video camera which has more resolution and sensitivity than my MCX2 Colour. The colour camera also does very well using Ha but this mono is a step or two ahead.

Cheers,

Chris A

Beautiful set of pictures - could browse through those all morning. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for having a look and for the nice comments Paul.

Cheers,

Chris A

Archived