Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron Mounts Summary A to Z (?) or I need a decent goto for my 70ED

Hi SGL Friends,

So I'm looking for a decent goto for my TS70ED. I saw a Celestron 60Gt(without OTA)on sale and when I read about it I had trouble finding out how old (and good or bad) it was. This of course led me to looked up  other Celestron mounts (to see how old and good or bad they are), LCM, SLT and I can't remember anymore.
I then checked out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celestron
but it (purposely?) lacks the details.

I found a model with Starsense (features sound too darn good to be true- I like it!)I saw it was more recent but without doing a ton of research, I was wondering could anyone give a quick and dirty summary of as much as they know? I'd be super grateful \o/

THanks!!

The arm type AZ mounts could be a problem with a refractor if the object is at a high elevation. The focuser end of the OTA could crash into the base, but check the Celestron Skyprodigy range of mounts, they look like they can handle high elevations.

I once tried my ED80 on a Celestron SE6 mount....only just stopped the OTA bashing into the  base.

Archived