NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Up ... and down

Floater

I feel hugely privileged. Today I had my first 'fix' of what solar observing can be, I think.

I had great views of the sun early this morning. Proms, spicules, sunspots and a whole surface alive with detail. I was awestruck.

It got hazy during the day but, just some minutes ago, I watched the sun as he fell below my all-too-high horizon (the roofs behind my house). Gone was the huge M-shaped prom I'd seen in the lower left of the disc in my view (west limb?) and at the top (south limb?) there were massive new proms. At the bottom of my disc, several new proms, blasting into space. And spicules everywhichwhere.

Even my missus was impressed. And that's a result, believe me.

So, up in the morning and down at night. Ain't there just something so right about that ...?

I plan to get a white light view working simultaneously. Will be in touch with FLO to fit out my Dob. :-)

For the time being - man, I'm a happy bunny! Life is bright.

Archived