Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Great seeing/white light

jetstream

Today I'm being blessed with fantastic seeing and this Leica zoom can't be beat-106x,143x and the granulation is excellent.There appears to be a plage(?)bridge between the big spot on the lower right with another smaller spot next to it.The bridge appears to be gouged out of the suns surface,I'm getting a 3d effect down there.

The spots and plage are taking 178x @ 2.5x barlow,fine filaments visible.I can't believe the view.I've discovered taking a few breaks,capping the scope,is controlling any minute thermals in the wedge that is transmitted to the EP.This is allowing consistent high mag viewing maintaining razor sharp views.

I hope this seeing stays,now,and tonight :smiley: 

Michael,I can't believe what I watched-that gouge has been filled/surrounded by pores and it almost looks like another spot may form!The gouge was there for quite a while this morning and now it can't really be seen for pores,the pores formed as I went back from my first post to now.Unreal.I'm a little taken aback for some reason.

That big spot I mentioned now has some things happening to its penumbral filaments-it looks as if the bright sun surface is breaking through it in very small patches

Archived