Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

June 30, 2014: Some more H-alpha scope time at teatime

Just spotted some lovely proms on the eastern limb, mainly south of the big active region in the south east. A strong, curved filament still showed south and west of this active region (AR). This AR is showing a huge amount of detail, even in my little 35mm scope, with a mass of bright and dark structures curling round a number of large sunspots. To the north of this AR, the surface is alive with activity (close to the limb again). Another prom showed up nearby. The big filament that has been gracing the centre seems to be breaking up a bit as it moves west. To its north west, a fainter, horse-shoe prom nearly encircles a small sunspot. On the western limb, southwards, a big prom is still going strong. When I get home I hope to grab the white-light set-up to see what's going on in that band

Nice one Michael, I have just caught a few rays myself :smiley: The sun is looking mighty fine this evening with everything the sun has to offer looking very nice indeed, surface detail, star spots and glorious prominences :laugh:

I got a view in H-alpha and white light after coming home. White light showed awesome detail around those AR on the eastern side of the disk. In H-alpha I noted several proms and a beautiful new filament snaking away along the disk in the northern AR on the eastern limb, really nice detail. Thoroughly enjoying the mini-giro as well

Archived