NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

my dome chainsawed to oblivion

nytecam

Built near 40yrs ago, my son-in-law and grandson today demolished in double quick time my 10ft DIY dome that once contained a clutch of scopes on a massive equat mount including a 17.5" Newt.   The old obsy has been used since decomissoned 15yrs ago as garage and now workshop but the dome served no useful purpose - in fact it partially blocked my eastern horizon from my current smaller Meade obsy but is now gone :cool:

My vid of demise @ http://youtu.be/z5-Tg50OciY

post-21003-0-63395200-1403981894_thumb.j

That was quite a piece of work, your dome. Very impressive and it had a good long working life, but I can see that watching it go cannot have been easy. This is a touching post. It should make us all think.

Olly

I daren't watch. Not feeling like a sad video at this time of the day. I'll just think about fluffy bunnies, rainbows and big smiles whilst i sit back and enjoy another liquid refreshment :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys for your sympathy but time to move on.   I've been planning its demise for the last two summers but a neighbour recently donated timber and corrugated roofing to fill the exposed hole so it was a no brainer.  Just the roofing to be placed and nailed into position to finish project. I'm very happy with the remaining Meade obsy - it's a dream place to image :cool:   

Archived