NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Gamma Cygni Region in Ha

ChrisLX200

I knew it was going to go cloudy by about 1:00am so no point waiting around for the Veil Neb to be in good position for me so I just took a few subs of this area of sky. Five subs to be exact, 20min each and stacked in DSS/processed in StarTools as usual. Scope was the TV NP127is with 0.8 reducer giving a nice wide field. First image is the whole frame, second is crop showing some of the interesting details to be found on close inspection. For e.g., I found my first black comet :)

ChrisH

GammaCygniST_zps36adcd58.jpg

GammaCygniSTcrop_zps943f56d3.jpg

I captured - or attempted to capture - some OIII data last night but after 2 hours there still wasn't much to be seen. I had to wring its neck to get any sort of image out of it and consequently the background noise has increased. Still, these are renditions in Hubble palette and traditional RGB palette.

GammaCygniRegionHST_zpsaaad6763.jpg

GammaCygniRegionRGB_zps3b626c08.jpg

ChrisH

The clouds stayed away just long enough for me to capture 1-1/2hrs worth of SII data so I can post a full narrow band image comprising H-alpha, OIII and SII (as opposed to the bi-colour versions above).

GammaCygniNebulaHST_zpse65f8a7b.jpg

ChrisH

Archived