Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

the Veil (WIP) & crescent nebulas...& who needs an obsy (in this weather!)

cloudbuster

well my scope has been out in rain-free bristol for about 10 days so far, and with the weather looking good for the next week.....well i guess, like with the footy, i shouldnt count my chickens!

the first of todays offerings is the veil nebula, which i have never imaged before, and which in doing so, gave me a great deal of pleasure. only Ha so far, but with tonights and mondays forecast looking clear, i might have the full set before long! here are the stats:

NGC6992 veil Nebula
Ashton Vale, Bristol
Camera: Atik 314L
Scope: SW Equinox 80
televue 0.8 flattener/reducer
guide camera: off axis guider, qhy5 with PHD
Mount: SW HEQ5
Artimus capture
Deep sky stacker
Pixinsight
Adobe photoshop cc
Ha filter
11 exposures of 1200 seconds.
my second offering is of the crescent nebula....which as you may recognize, i have posted elsewhere on this forum.....but this time with added Ha subs, the longest of which was 25 mins, which captures the fainter nebulocity a lot. now after processing in my own inexperienced way, i have the following 2 conclusions:
either it is badly processed.....and in which case is a disaster...
or its not bad at all....
i suspect the former....please let me know your views peops.
cheers....and round stars to you all!
bob

post-3512-0-04163100-1403348589_thumb.jp

post-3512-0-27611400-1403348609_thumb.jp

Pinched my photons last night too :D  Not so far away and we had cloud too :(  Anyway, great start on both objects :)  I like the wider view of the Crescent showing the accompanying Ha around it. 

Pinched my photons last night too :D  Not so far away and we had cloud too :(  Anyway, great start on both objects :)  I like the wider view of the Crescent showing the accompanying Ha around it.

Thanks Gina. Hope to add to the veil tonight. But on reflection I wish I had a pop at the eagle...but for that I have to go a couple of miles to the astro society land for a better horizon. Glad to see your back in the saddle as well, Gina.

Round stars to you!

good morning all......yaaaawn! yet another night spent imaging from sunny bristol.........this is getting silly now!

well heres last nights 0111 subs (10x20 min) added to the Ha i shot the night before last......just a rough process mind you.

round stars to you all....

bob

post-3512-0-34275400-1403428598_thumb.jp

Archived