NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Using a cheshire with glasses?

Hi,

I'm struggling to use a cheshire for collimation because I can't get close enough with my glasses on, and can't see with my glasses off!  Am I doing something wrong? or has anyone solved this problem? 

Thanks

Helen

I wear glasses too. It's a while since I used my Cheshire, but will have a look tonight. Have you tried pushing your glasses as close to your eye (i.e really high on the nose) as they will go?

Hi Helen, I find it depends a bit on type. I have the standard one many have like this one I find it fine with glasses. 

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/other-collimation-tools/cheshire-collimating-eyepiece.html

I also have  shorty where the peep hole seems that bit more narrow and it is harder work.  The coli cap also works fine and again do not have that issue.  I suppose it will depend on your glasses, and also if you have a rather prominent  assembly there between your eyes, olfactory designs come in all shapes and sizes :-0).  Not that mine is that small but it is narrow enough near the top so I cam squeeze my glasses quite close to my eyes If I have to, so I manage.  :smiley:

Archived