Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dehumidifier

dmahon

I too have had the tank fill up and as has been said, the drain pipe needs a good slope down to the floor or the water just overflows into the tank.  The fact that the outlet fitting is horizontal doesn't help :grin:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks too small to me too.  Plus it doesn't say it will cope with low temperatures either.  Most of these cheaper dehumidifiers are only designed for indoor use and only work down to something like 15C.  Totally useless for an observatory I'm afraid.

Most of these cheaper dehumidifiers are only designed for indoor use and only work down to something like 15C.  Totally useless for an observatory I'm afraid.

For use in an observatory, a dehumidifier needs to be of the desiccant type rather than the refrigerant type to allow it to work down to the low temperatures experienced outside.

Archived