NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Veil neb (Witches Broom) in Ha

ChrisLX200

Not exactly ideal conditions last night with a near-full moon and occasional clouds and mist (and judging by the way the guidestar image wobbled the seeing was not great either). Narrow-band came to the rescue though and I was surprised how well this came out despite the permanent twilight sky!

My usual gear for this: NP127is, Atik490EX, Lodestar, Baader 7nM Ha filter.

6 x 20min subs, total 2hrs, stacked in DSS and processed in StarTools.

WitchesBroom_zps4e0f9c55.jpg

ChrisH

Chris.

Narrowband imaging is still a difficult task when the Moon is Full,yes H-Alpha doe,snt do a bad job,but O111 is very prone.

You have achieved an excellent image here,one full of intricate detail,something that is often shown to its best with pure H-Alpha image.

Nice one.

Mick.

That's a lovely image Chris. I guess we're all doing H-alpha at the moment with the Moon situation. However, when we next get some moon-less nights i'd encourage you to collect OIII data to supplement this image since the Witches Broom looks great in HOO bicolour (lovely reds and blues inter-twinning) and already you have a great looking H-alpha layer.

Martin

Archived