Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which control software for dual imaging rig using Atiks?

lensman57

Hi,

Which is the best capture _ camera control software for imaging using two Atik CCDs? I have NEB3 and Artemis but I did not have any joy with NEB, two instances on the same laptop, as it kept freezing up.

Regards,

A.G

Interesting - there's definitely a way of doing it. ArtemisCapture (latest) from memory allows you to select the cameras attached so you can run multiple cameras.

I tend to be a bit hazy on windows as I use my own software :D

Interesting - there's definitely a way of doing it. ArtemisCapture (latest) from memory allows you to select the cameras attached so you can run multiple cameras.

I tend to be a bit hazy on windows as I use my own software :D

Thank you, I shall give it a try.

A.G

Although you can, in theory, run two instances of Artemis I have heard people report the same freezing as you found with Neb3. I have, therefore, never tried it. On our dual rig I just run 2 PCs. Monitoring the beast is a lot easier with two screens as well. I like to give software as few opportunities as possible to ruin my evening!

Olly

Although you can, in theory, run two instances of Artemis I have heard people report the same freezing as you found with Neb3. I have, therefore, never tried it. On our dual rig I just run 2 PCs. Monitoring the beast is a lot easier with two screens as well. I like to give software as few opportunities as possible to ruin my evening!

Olly

Thanks Olly, I do have a spare laptop and to be honest it may be the only safe solution as you suggested, my main headache however,  is synching the two scopes with each other  in particular while imaging with relatively small sensors of 314L and 428 EX.

Regards,

A.G

Thanks Olly, I do have a spare laptop and to be honest it may be the only safe solution as you suggested, my main headache however,  is synching the two scopes with each other  in particular while imaging with relatively small sensors of 314L and 428 EX.

Regards,

A.G

As you may have seen on my Tandem Tak thread we use a massive and costly (even second hand) Cassady T GAD to align the scopes. This is the ultimate solution but they are hard to come by and are very heavy in their own right. I think Steve Richards uses the SW guide scope adjuster with smaller refractors, though.

Olly

As you may have seen on my Tandem Tak thread we use a massive and costly (even second hand) Cassady T GAD to align the scopes. This is the ultimate solution but they are hard to come by and are very heavy in their own right. I think Steve Richards uses the SW guide scope adjuster with smaller refractors, though.

Olly

That maybe a less " painful " solution, right now I am contemplating going crazy and press the button for an Atik 460 EXm to go with the 314L+ but so far I am resisting.

A.G

That maybe a less " painful " solution, right now I am contemplating going crazy and press the button for an Atik 460 EXm to go with the 314L+ but so far I am resisting.

A.G

I know a doomed endeavour when I see one. You will resist everything except temptation...

Olly

I use AstroArtV5 for all my cameras, DSLR's and ATiK16/16ic/314L.

Works well, no issues...

I have been told the same thing that AA5 is capable of running two cameras simultaneously which means the purchase of another piece of software.

Regards,

A.G

Archived