More old data from 2011- a widefield of Cygnus's brightest star Deneb the Pelican Nebula and some of the North American Nebula. Nice rich part of the Milky Way.

Deneb, Cygnus- 3x 180s, Nikon ED180mm F2.8 lens @ F4, Fuji DSLR @ ISO800

DSCF1856_stacked_noels_1024_zps89e69bb1.

Galactic cross-sections fry my brain.  Thats an impressive amount of stuff going on in there.  The blacked out dense dust lanes are enough to be thinking about let alone the hotter parts. Crazy.

Vertically framed with Deneb at the top you would probably have squeezed in the Am and pelican nebs

Nice one

To be honest I'm not sure why I shot this- may have just been test the lens with a bright star in the field? The Pelican and North American are attractive targets indeed. 

I actually shot the same field the other night testing some old lenses.

NA and pelican just popped up from the bottom of the frame.

Here is a single 7minute sub that was blasted by the ISS. :rolleyes:

I was testing an old Meyer Orestor 135mm f2.8 M42 , the Bokeh monster lense. :grin: 

Think this one may be promising.....think my focusing was slightly off.

Anyway.....Canon 60Da......Astronomik CLS CCD Clip........135mm f2.8@ISO 800 single 420sec sub.

TIFFed in Canon DPP and stretched in Imagesplus.

napelican.jpg

I have been collecting a few, not just for astro, but to have some cheap primes.

Very surprised at the quality of the images they produce, I'm hooked.

I was'nt sure the Meyer would be any good at astro stuff but it did surprise me, the coma/CA

seem not to bad wide open.

Archived