NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

LRGB with CCD and Camera lens

Hello, im just getting my rig togeather for using my Atik 314L+ with my canon 200mm F2.8 lens, i see many lovely narrowband images taken with this set up, im just wandering what image i might expect from normal LRGB filters using this set up? Anyone tried?

You need to be ultra, ultra careful with focus. I found this from Telescope Service was a great help.

http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Takahashi-EM200TEC140/i-4TCd6Px/0/L/IMG_1193-L.jpg

I used the larger format Atik 4000 with this lens and enjoyed it. This is a 2 panel mosaic and included an Ha Layer as well as LRGB but it gives you an idea;

Cone%20Rosette%20200L%20lens-X2.jpg

In a one shot colour Atik 4000 I got this;

M45%20AT%20200MM%20sharper%20sscrop-L.jp

I used a home made front aperture mask to lose the diff spikes when stopped down with the diaphragm.

APERTURE%20MASK-L.jpg

...but with the small chip you might run wide open quite easily. Bliss!

Olly

Stunning images as per usual olly, I've got the micro focuser rings filters etc and TS filter drawer I'm just shortening a dual mount bar to fit my finder guider at the moment and clamp for the lens no use using a giant dual mount bar for such a light set up, interested in the mask though. How did you make it?

I calculated the diameter needed to get F4 (and other focal ratios) at 200mm, so F4 would be 50mm. I first cut the outside diameter to fit in the hood then the inside with the compass cutter. I sprayed these discs black and held them in the hood with the sticky draft excluder tape. Steve Richards has tried this as well.

Olly

Archived